For our final presentation, I wanted to talk about the nationwide epidemic, COVID-19 or better known as Coronavirus. I made a presentation for the topic and question: How can epidemics be contained?
In our second unit of Forbidden books, we learned about books that have been censored for big or small reasons. We went on a trip to see an author's book was banned in Illinois jails and was able to ask questions of why her book was banned. We also learned dogma. Dogma is a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true. Then we were able to choose a banned book to read and interview with a character. I chose The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. this book has won many awards and even had a movie less than a year later. This young girl named Starr carter experienced her close friend, Kahlil Harris being shot by a police officer unarmed. Then she chooses to go through the pressure of being a witness and go through code-switching with her friends at her all-white school and her home in the projects. I chose to instead of doing a podcast I will be doing a radio show. Tran script Passionfruit fades out Enjoli: Aaaaand we a...
Leopard Gecko Eublepharis macularius Hi! The class my project was assigned to is called “Population” and our unit is called “In/Out” In this unit, we found out about the scientific classification of creatures, within creatures, and how life forms are named. I hope it fits the KOALAifacations for you. For this project, I, as well as my fellow students, have to choose an animal and study its Taxonomy and no, they do not do taxes, but the classification of an animal or animals by their Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, and Species. The animal I precisely chose is the Leopard or Panther Gecko. A leopard gecko is a type of gecko that lives in the rocky, dry grassland and desert regions of south-Asian Afghanistan, Pakistan, north-west India, and some parts of Iran. Their diet is composed of insects, including scorpions, sometimes they will feed on other lizards, so brothers and sisters watch out, you may become dinner. Taxonomy Name Taxonomy Explanation...
For our Civic Term class Music that Matters, We were given a task from a nonprofit organization called My Block, My Hood, My City to find an idea that will improve my neighborhood. Since I live near George Washington Park on 51st and King Drive, I feel like having a 30-foot slave owner hovering over the descendants of slaves needs improvement. We were also added music to boost the feeling of support for our block. We talked with many artists about protest and learned that art can create an opinion. I think that having this in action will not only affect my neighborhood but spark others to do the same. I think the hardest part was the video
Comments
Post a Comment